15 Ways To Love Your Child
- Take time to listen to your children. Consider their point of view and respect it.
- Focus on your children’s good qualities and praise them. Avoid negative labels.
- Encourage individual differences between your children; point out their special talents. Avoid comparing your child to others.
- Hug your children even when they’ve done something wrong. Hugs help chase the little hurts away.
- Read together. Even older kids enjoy hearing a good story.
- Praise your children for all the good things they did today and every day. Recognize effort and improvement with a kind word.
- Say “I love you” to your kids daily. You can never tell your children you love them too many times.
- Remember to love your children just as they are.
- Encourage your kids to participate in family talks.
- Talk over problems; it makes them easier to handle.
- Be open and honest about your feelings; your children will learn these qualities from you.
- Follow through on your promises. When you can’t, explain why.
- Apologize when you are wrong. Parents don’t have to be perfect.
- Respect your children and their needs. Children will learn respect if they are treated with respect.
- Listen to your kids…Laugh…and laugh with them.
This entry was posted in Children
. Bookmark the permalink