Pregnancy and Birth as a Natural Process
With Chiropractic Care Supporting this Process
Chiropractors work with the body’s ability to adapt and function the way it is designed to. Chiropractic care in pregnancy is vital to the normal physiological function of both the mother and baby in pregnancy and birth. Here are the potential benefits:
In the mother:
- Prepares the pelvis for an easier pregnancy and birth by creating a state of balance in pelvic bony structures, muscles and ligaments.
- Removes torsion of the ligaments that support the uterus thus potentially reducing aberrant tension to the woman’s uterus.
- Reduces interference to the mother’s vital nerve system which controls and co-ordinates all of her systems and functions.
- By improving maternal function we are decreasing the potential for unnecessary intervention.
To the infant:
- Reduces interference to the mother’s nerve system allowing for better baby development.
- Pelvic balance allows the baby greater room to develop without restrictions to its forming cranium, spine and other skeletal structures.
- Offers the baby the room to move into the best possible position for birth.
- With proper fetal positioning, there is a significant decrease in dystocia and the resulting birth trauma caused by intervention.